- Who We are
- Mission Statement
- The Tidewater Charity Tournament Committee (TCTC) is a charitable 501 (c) (3) organization which operates an annual golf tournament in addition to other year round fundraising.
- Each year TCTC chooses charities via a selection process, consisting of an interview and a review of the financial records of the said charities.
- Basic requirements for consideration of a charity by TCTC are: Charity must have a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt status with the IRS. and they must be serving the needs of residents in the Horry County, South Carolina.
- All of the funds raised after expenses are paid and a small amount is carried over as seed money for next year's tournament, are distributed to the selected charities in the month of September.
- The Tidewater Charity Tournament Committee (TCTC) is registered as a charitable organization with the State of South Carolina and is in compliance with the "South Carolina Solicitation of Charitable Funds Act"
- To provide assistance to 501 ( c ) (3) charities that serve the local community.
- Provide funding, community awareness, and promote volunteer participation on their behalf.
- To assist in a way that will allow them to devote more of their resources providing services for those in need and reduce their burden of raising funds to maintain those services.
The Tidewater Charity Tournament Committee is proud to include the Folds of Honor Foundation (FHF) with the other local charitable organizations that benefit from our yearly fundraising.
The Folds of Honor Foundation provide-post secondary educational scholarships for children and spouses of military men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation. FHF offers two types of scholarships
- Immediate-Use Scholarships: Awarded to spouses and children of service members currently or recently accepted into a 4-year or 2-year degree program at an institute of higher education, or vocational program.
- Future-Use Scholarships: Awarded to the young children of service members and invested by FHF on their behalf. Eligble applicants are infants up to, and including, students enrolled in the 11th grade. Scholarship funds are distributed to the post-secondary educational institution at the time of enrollment.
- Children's Scholarship Fund: Awarded to children (K-12 grades) of eligble service members. This program provides support for their growth through services devoted to the mind, body and spirit.
For Scholarship Applications Click below.
Applications for scholarships awarded during the 2016-2017 academic school year may be submitted between January 1 - March 31, 2016.